It has been ten days since my last post. Ten days! I feel like I have not only neglected the blogging world, but I have cheated on myself. (Even though I am at work usually when I post, I really view this as my "alone time".)
So much has happened in the last week and a half. So much has been realized.
This path to self-discovery I embarked on a few months ago has taught me a few things:
1. The heart wants what it wants, there is no changing that.
2. It is OKAY to not be a size 4.
3. I truly believe the #2 statement.
4. Making my number one priority putting myself first has made my life so much better.
5. Money does not grow on trees, and if you need help, asking for it doesn't make you weak.
6. Family should be a very close second to the most important thing in your life, yourself.
7. If I don't like myself/can't make myself happy/don't think I am pretty, how in the world should I expect anyone else to?
As selfish as the above statements may sound, I really don't care. I know that sounds bad , and I may sound like a lesser person for it, but I have spent so much of my life trying to be a "people-pleaser" that I wasn't a "me-pleaser".
I am the most vital person in my life because without me, my life wouldn't exsist.
Things in my life aren't going according to "a plan" anymore. My whole semi-adult life I have bounced around this plan, stressed when it didn't work out, and then stressed some more when I had to revamp "the plan". No more. I am a self-establishing "go-with-the-flow" person.
No more "people-pleasing".
No more stressing unneccessarily.
No more trying to force the heart to want what it just can't.
No more telling my damn heart "No"...it really just makes it want what it wants even more.
No more living for anyone but myself.
I know it's a little premature, but one of my New Year's resolutions:
LAUGH MORE, STRESS LESS.
Ok...and go, it's time.