Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Playing Holiday Catch-Up.


It's definitely a Tuesday.

It is not quite Monday, the fresh start to the week we all enjoy.
It's not Wednesday, the hump day that marks the mid week glee.
It isn't quite Thursday, the marking of how the week is ALMOST over.
And it's certainly not Friday...this post is too sober.

My weekend was full of ups and downs.
Many realizations. Many feelings I didn't realize I had/have.

I decided months ago that I would start a new year in a new place.

I am pretty sure that, while the idea had good basis, it was unrealistic.
I think that it doesn't matter if the place I start the year off in is physical, or emotional. As long as I am happy, I think the place I live doesn't matter as much as my center of happiness...my very being.

I realized over the last few months that blogging makes me very happy, so does running, and my family, friends, and making an effort to make myself happy.

I will start officially writing my book January 1, 2010.

I don't need to be in a far off setting to be an author, I can find my raw materials right here. I love being able to wake up and watch Food Network with my mom. I love being able to go to a club downtown and know half the people there. (Secretly it makes me feel important.) I love school, as much as I hate paying for it. And I love the serenity of knowing that no matter what happens, at the end of the day I have a home to go to...or actually two homes. I am extremely lucky and very blessed to have as many people love me that I do.

Sure, we have problems, but what family doesn't?
I will tell you...boring ones. And we are FAR from boring.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the journey to happiness is not a road that is paved, or one that lacks it's potholes. But it's an adventure you are supposed to take because you are the ONLY one who gets to live your life. No one else. Your life was given to you for a reason: You are the sole person fit to live it to the fullest.

I told you my body was running behind on the whole "getting into the holiday mood". I just admitted what I am thankful for, so that means my body is in Thanksgiving mode. By the time New Years rolls around I should be singing Christmas carols, and hopefully by Valentine's Day I will be all ready for this new year.

(2010: The Year of Jessica, a couple posts back)

No comments:

Post a Comment