Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Focus, Or Lack Thereof.

I am dedicated today.

Today, I am working. I am doing my best to refrain from all that is not considered work.
Obviously I am lacking the most important ingredient of refrain, will power.

Oh well, besides this, twittering, facebooking, and streaming audio from my favorite artists on my desktop, I am totally and completely...100% focused.

--Oh look a squirrel.
They should not have put me next to the huge window at work today. It is just way too beautiful outside. How will I ever get ANYTHING done?

I just realized that I am pretty much obsessed with my new routine.
I LOVE love LOVE organization.

7:20- Wake up
7:30- Leave for work (yes, I only take 10 minutes to get ready)
8:00-12:00 Work
12:00-1:00- Lunch break
1:00-5:00- Work
5:30-6:30- Run/walk
6:30-6:45- Shower, figure out dinner
6:45-? - Eat, and then whatever
10:30ish- Bedtime!

Yesterday I ran/walked, but mostly ran for the better part of TWO miles! And for all you athletic divas out there eating your healthy food, running marathons, and being awesome...well I'm not there yet, but I plan to be by next summer. I decided it's pointless to try and diet, but the more and more I thought about it, I do need a stress relief.

Facts:
I want a stress relief.
I love my iPod.
I immensely enjoy time alone.
I want to get healthier.
I live on a nearly secluded street.
LIGHT BULB!

Hey, maybe I should run!! So I started last week. I ran every other day last week, a total of twice because I ran on Tuesday (and again on Thursday). This week I am pushing for every day. I am so excited. And the weather is just perfectly perfect for it. Crisp, cool, football season with miniature child teams practicing in the open field on my run way.

Hey run way...runway. It's like I'm a model. Haha, anywho..I should probably get focused.

Ok, back to work.

Ooooh. And speaking of an inability to focus, I am so very excited about my trip to good ol' NC coming up in November. I am thinking of planning a trip to TN sometime in late December.

Yay for fun trips. I just love to travel, especially when there is a promise of a good friend at the end of the road.

2 comments:

  1. Make sure to give those new runner legs a day of rest between your runs! You'll be much less likely to sustain an injury if you do! Walking makes good exercise for the rest days.

    Good luck! You can do it! Running is all about defeating the mental battle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up running last night, less than usual, and I didn't even get winded!

    ReplyDelete