Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Guilty Pleasures.

(written earlier this afternoon via Blackberry)

There is something so liberating about an afternoon bath.

After being sick, warmth always feels as though it has never felt so good. Just laying here, soaking in nature.

This is not supposed to be sexual in any context, so please don't take it as such. But it just feels amazing to be free, just basking in the wonderful water God created, and enjoying it with the body he created especially for you to enjoy.

My mother's bathroom is set up to where the window is high enough no one can see in, but wide enough to let enough light fill the room so that you don't have to use a manmade light.

You can just enjoy the simple pleasures we take for granted each day. For example: the laughter of children playing across the street, the pitter patter of squirrels running up trees... It astounds me that I never got this much joy out of this place until this house.

Maybe it's a compilation of things. Or maybe it is simply the simplicity of water, nakedness, a breeze, and pleasure.

Just the guilty pleasures of staying home with the flu.

--And for a sidenote..
Things right now in my life seem to be going according to plan. As weird as it sounds, they really are.

The weirdest part is, I don't really have a "plan" per say, I am winging it. But my "plan" is to do exactly what I want to do.

"Do you want some great life advice? Be selfish. Because the minute you start asking yourself 'What about me?' Everything changes for the better."- Bette Midler

No comments:

Post a Comment