Thursday, December 24, 2009

Santa and the Holiday Armadillo.

There is nothing like working on Christmas Eve to put one in the festive spirit.

Of course, that was sarcastic.

However, since I am the only one in the office, I have opted to spend the day catching up on Glee, and now that I have completed that, I will spend from now [1:35] until 3 pm watching re runs of Christmas episodes of Friends.

Something finally put a holly jolly smile on my face. I'm watching "The One With Christmas In Tulsa".

Chandler has been transferred from NYC to Tulsa, and thus far has been going back and forth every weekend to see Monica. It hasn't been so bad yet, but now it's Christmas and he has to be there. (Sounds a little familiar, but on a much smaller scale for me.)

This is one of those Friends episodes that has A LOT of flashbacks, most of them in the last few seasons get this way. It just flashed back to when Ross was trying to get his son, Ben, interested in Hanukkah. So, instead of dressing up like Santa and telling Ben how much better the traditional Jewish holiday is better than the impossible holiday we call Christmas, he can only find a Armadillo costume on December 23rd. He is the "Holiday Armadillo, Santa's helper from Texas" and just as he starts to go on about The Festival of Lights, Santa [Chandler, who borrowed the costume from a co-worker] walked in.

The following conversation takes place, which jump starts me right back into the Christmas-ee spirit.


Ross: (to Chandler) Dude you have to leave, I was just getting Ben interested in Hanukkah.

Chandler: Awe, man. I didn't even get to shake my belly like a bowl full of jelly.

Monica: (who pulls Chandler off to the side as Ross goes back to Ben) So, do you think you can keep that suit for another night? (winking and getting all worked up..)

Chandler: Santa? Really?!...Did your dad ever dress up like Santa?

Monica: No...

Chandler: Ha ha well alright then.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment