Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Losing Control.

I have realized when I just let go and stop trying to control every little situtation, things actually work themselves out.

Well, not things because they can't work. God works. He does everything in His time, even if we wish he could just hurry up sometimes. God teaches us patience, and that is the one virtue I couldn't figure out how to master all by myself.

It wasn't meant to be learned alone, that's why it took me so long. I was impatient to learn patience. It's ironic, really.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1:2-4

As hard as it is to understand, that's really true. It's only through pain and suffering do we learn to truly appreciate anything.

The relationship, yes relationship to all of you shocked handful of viewers out there, that I'm in now came totally unplanned, but it happened all the same.

Now I am where I should have been all along. I am happy with myself, learning patience hand in hand with someone I could see spending the rest of my life with, and knowing that every day is a choice.

It's not all about "the spark" that comes with newfound love, it's about choices.

It's not about what you may or may not miss out on, but the adventure you can embark on together.

Life is all about what you make of it. When you know something is right, try not to fight it. Allow yourself to just go with the flow, knowing that everything will work out.

Everything happens for a reason. God doesn't give you anything you can't handle, even if you wish He didn't trust you as much as He did.

No comments:

Post a Comment