Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas.

My co-worker is depressed. And I know, everyone has their own special remedies to make themselves feel better, but her's is tap dancing on my last nerve.

She is about 40, newly single, and (you will see why this matters in a minute) a very very strong willed black woman. Her way of coping with the pain her asshole of an ex caused her is replaying her favorite love song, "My Heart" by Anthony Hamilton.

Now, I am not exaggerating, I know she played that song at least 16 times yesterday. Those were just the times I heard the beginning start, so I counted it. I officially know that song. People my age should not know this song. To be fair, it is a sweet song. And now that I know it, I am pretty sure if I am ever depressed about my love life, or anyone elses for that matter, this song will appear in my head and begin playing.

It's amazing how some people's remedies start out as other people's annoyances, and then become shared memories.

I am officially beginning to feel like it's Christmas. I'm not sure if it's The Tempations' Christmas music, thank you to that same co-worker, or the nasty egg nog I tried for the first time yesterday. It could be the fact that when I go make my daily browse of Target I have to park in the back of the parking lot due to all of the spaces taken by holiday shoppers.

I'm not sure if it's the weather getting colder, and yes the fact that it is getting colder in southeast Texas when it's supposed to is a Christmas miracle, or what it is...but it is starting to feel like the holiday season to me.

I have LOTS to be thankful for. Great friends, two in particular I love dearly, an amazing family, a job that still allows me to work 40 hour weeks, my car is alive and well, my love life is picking up in the best of ways...Life is good and it's about DAMN time.

Merry Christmas! Only 9 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment